Pray "It" Into Existence

What if the life you dreamed of could actually exist?

What if you play the key role in this dream life becoming real?

A few years back I found out that I had been looking for this reality in the wrong places. The potential of "it" was actually inside of me, but I was unaware that "it" was there.

Then I re-read in my instruction manual that I had already been given the keys to this "kingdom" I sought. I didn't need to strive in my own efforts to bring this dream to life. I simply had to use the keys I already had possesion of, to unlock "it" and step into "it".

Believe it or not, this is how prayer is suppose to work. We are told by Jesus that we have the "keys to the kingdom". We've been told that when we believe and abide in Him, He and the Father (the Kindgom of God) come and abide in us. We are told that we are adopted into His family.... literally sons and daughters of God. And we are told that we have been ordained into a priesthood of believers.... members of a family of priests.

And finally we are told by Jesus that as this eternal reality sinks in ...as we layhold of "it"....as we REALLY believe it....that "it" will surely come to pass. "It" begins to manifest around us. Jesus tells us several times...."Ask for whatever you wish and "it" shall be done for you."

Oswald Chambers, a great pillar of our faith, said: Prayer is not preparation for greater works. Prayer is the greater work. So according to Oswald, all this we seek, we are supposed to literally PRAY INTO EXISTENCE ! That is the real work of it.

I had wondered about this for years. Simply believe, then ask, and it will be mine?
Well I read that, tried it, seen nothing happen most of the time, and as a result questioned the Word of God.

Then I revisited the non-negotiables in my life. The things I had settled and was willing to die for. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the only mediator between God and men. His word is true and I am a liar if I say anything contrary to His Word. I am disobedient if I do anything contrary to His commandments. God loves me and wants me to be phenomenally successful. These are settled realities in my life. Everything else flows from those. If any thought contradicts these non-negotiables, I discard or re-evaluate that thought... I know longer question His Word. These are settled matters. Resolved thoughts.

So with that in mind, the issue of un-answered prayer was an issue of me missing key aspects of what my faith in God really looks like. It was my unbelief in who I am in Him, and my unbelief in who God really is in me.

Even though I said I believed, there was still an identity crisis in me. "It" was cloudy. It was fuzzy. I could not connect the dots.

Today I'm happy to report that progess has been made. I daily go back to His Word. The bedrock truth. I declare those truths over my life and my situations.... until "it" happens.

"It" is His will for me.

You see I am an adopted son of God. My primary vocation is as a "priest". I have authority. God is building his temple...his house in me. And His blessings are flowing out of that house into my sphere of influence more than ever each day. I've now learned to pray according to His ordained pattern. I pray until "it" happens. I don't get distracted or dissappointed as much any more. I know "it" when I see "it".

It is quite the adventure!!!!!

DP

learn to pray the temple prayer at TemplePrayer.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Your Spiritual House

Another Advantage of the Tabernacle Prayer

Why Pray the Word?